Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas!!!

Merry (belated) Christmas!!

I absolutely love Christmas- it's my favorite holiday! We have lots of family traditions, like the gingerbread house.

I like using the icing bag to make it look all pretty, but my sister would rather just slather it with candy. We always end up arguing, haha. =D

Lovely presents:

Hello Kitty toaster... this imprints Hello Kitty ON YOUR TOAST. What could be better?

Pug plushie... from the boyfriend. He knows me well. :)
And the tree.


My parents, sister and I had a nice Christmas breakfast. My parents aren't exactly "breakfast people", so this is the one time every year when we actually eat it together while sitting at a table! We had quiche, bacon, English muffins, and chocolate pastries. I had a small sliver of quiche, a muffin with peanut butter, and the chocolate frosting off of a pastry. Hehehe. :)

Then, we went to my grandparents' house to see the rest of the family. I have 7 cousins, all younger than me, so it's always a fun, loud party. Everyone brings something to eat, so it's like a big potluck. I had some salad, a roll, a small piece of meat (very very small), and lots of my Mom's potatoes. She makes au gratin potatoes with gruyere cheese- so so so so good!! For dessert I had a few small chocolate chip cookies and rum balls. What are rum balls, you ask?



Those are rum balls (duh). Combine powdered sugar, crushed vanilla wafers, cocoa powder, and rum. Roll into balls and roll the balls into more powdered sugar. That's clearly not an exact recipe, but these things can be STRONG. Because they are never cooked, the alcohol is still there! My little cousins loved them (uhohhhh). =O






And another Christmas tradition... CHICAGO! We go every year for 2 or 3 nights- I love it! I'll let the pictures do the talking.



We have the Christmas tree at the Four Seasons hotel, the view from our hotel room (blurry, I know) and the Pritzker Pavillion in Millenium Park. Yes, all three of these pictures were shot by the same (tempermental) camera, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment