Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Years Resolutions

I’m horrible at making New Years’ Resolutions. I always either forget to make them or completely ignore them altogether. But this year, I’m determined to come up with some resolutions and actually accomplish them. Here’s what I have so far.

1. Get my POTS symptoms under control. –I’m on lots of medications for them, but I wish I could control the symptoms on my own. The side effects of the medications suck are annoying, and it’s hard to remember to take them all at the right times.

2. Run a half marathon. –My PDR (personal distance record) is 12 miles, so 13.1 isn’t a huge step. I think it would be really fun to run a big race, and I’d like to raise money for a charity.

3. Get into college. –I’m technically not graduating until June of 2011, but I’m planning on applying to school early-decision. Just to have some peace of mind, ya know?

4. Be on the honor roll. –Pretty much speaks for itself.

5. Win a recipe contest. –Or at least place in one. =)

6. Get my drivers’ license. –Long story short: after you have a seizure, you can’t drive for 6 months. Multiply that by three, and I can’t drive until the first of the year. (Good timing, I know.) A blue Toyota Matrix wouldn’t hurt, either. So I can get lots of practice. ;)

7. Go swimming. –I used to love to swim, but after having my seizures, I was afraid of it. Seriously, I used to be pretty good! I got 4th place in backstroke in the summer swim team championships when I was in, like, 7th grade. =D

8. Be comfortable in my own body. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment