Saturday, January 23, 2010

Banana chocolate cake? Yes please!

I woke up this morning at, get this, 11:15!!! A new record for me! I love early mornings, but I've been having trouble beating this bug, so the extra sleep probably helped me. =) My parents and I went on a lovely shopping trip, where I bought a dress for my, say it with me, "tea pah-ty" next weekend. It's for the presentation ball this upcoming December, which I'm really excited about! I love dressing up. Just FYI, buying a dress when you're short is super hard!! All you tall chicas- you're lucky!

Later, we went to California Pizza Kitchen, where I had a yummy slice of sourdough bread- CPK has the best bread! Then I ordered the field green salad. It had lettuce, slices pears, candied walnuts, and a dijon vinagrette. I ordered mine topped with grilled salmon. It was delicious!

This was much needed- banana royale cake. So. So. Good.
And then we went to see Avatar! No, not this one...


That's more like it. It definately lived up to all the hype- it was great! I can't really think of anyone who wouldn't like this movie, as it has something for everyone. I personally liked the jellyfish bugs. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go see the movie. Right now. =D

Overall, it was a very nice, relaxing day with the fam. Luv em. The new outfit didn't hurt, either. =D

1 comment:

  1. Haha yes, I'm from Chi-Town. I wasn't aware that there aren't portillos NOT in chicago. lol. I'm geographically challenged. But I didn't actually go there...I hate fast food restaurants. Instead, my parents brought the sandwich home for me.

    Yay for dresses! I love getting dressed up too =] but usually I don't have any event to dress up for, and I'm WAY too lazy to dress up for school...haha.

    I've been meaning to see avatar...but I don't go OUT to the movies much. I'm kinda broke ALL THE TIME so I wait till it goes to Redbox. LOL

    ReplyDelete