Thursday, January 14, 2010

Finals are over!


I feel so relaxed now- the tests are taken, the grades are in, and there's nothing I can do about it now. I didn't do as well as I had hoped =(, but I'm trying to look on the bright side and remind myself that I still have a whole other semester to get my grades up. After my last test (French, it was pretty hard!), I ran home. I live about 4 miles from my school, so this was a perfect route. I haven't run by myself in forever, and this felt pretty good. No music, no conversations, just me. It was a great way to decompress after a week of tests. I'll need to remember this for next semster!



Here's a recipe for you, in celebration of the end of finals...

Fudgy Brownies:

3 oz. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped

1 stick unsalted butter

2 large eggs

1 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder


1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.

2. In a large bowl, melt the butter and chocolate for 30 seconds in the mcirowave. You can use a double boiler if you're so inclined. Stir, then microwave it again until it is just melted. Add the sugar, and let the mixture cool slightly.

3. Stir in the eggs, flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread the batter into the pan, and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.

Haha get it?? Tachy = tachycardia = fast heart rate? I like this thing. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment